Sunday 27 September 2020

Floor Finishes

Another blazing nor west day. I open the back doors to let air circulate around the Tasmanian Blackwood. And empty the dehumidifier...very little overnight water. A good sign. I get through day, no blood on the carpet. John, the floor finisher, arrives with four finish options. No tongue twisters allowed. Because the samples of TB were so varied, he puts them on rimu planks. These are more uniform so it's easier the see the difference in colour tones. We chat through the options. The oil brings a rich warmth to the wood. My preference is an English product called Fiddo. John likes a chat. I'm trying to get to a PPTA womench's chatter platter across town but I need to establish a relationship here. It's easier co-ordinating the job when you understand the tradie and they're relaxed with you. There's an extra cost here I hadn't factored in, for filling which John says is uncommon in Europe but expected here, for a more even look. Another overrun. I get to St Thomas's just in time for the wind up. And a glass of wine. One more session with Kahu, more stress because he's not finished the first draft for his two writing pieces. At least he is consistent but this brinkmanship drives me crazy.

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Kupu, Word Festival, and Pōhatu, Stones

It's Polly's 30th birthday and the department gets on board. Photoshopped pics of Beyonce with Polly's face covering the walls. ...