Sunday 27 September 2020

Another One Bites the Dust

Term 3 done and dusted. We're all celebrating this one. It's been a highly unusual marathon year but on we go. Here in New Zealand we have had one of the least disruptive schooling years of any western country. Something we probably take for granted. I've never worn a mask and few students do. Today the US hits the milestone of 200,000 dead. We're up to 1,830 cases with 25 deaths. Lucky, yes, good leadership, yes, team effort, yes.

I go to the chill out room and organise house stuff. I try to do work but am spectacularly unmotivated. It's too sunny and freedom is in the air. My Year 13's are celebrating retro dress up and in holiday mode. My only class for the day and they talk me into going outside. I try Rosanna's wobble blade, skateboard thing holding onto her and Charlotte. I don't need to break a wrist at this point. It's extravaganza week so lots of dress ups, singing from the staff balcony, bouncy castles, food and dancing. We're celebrating life. English department holds our traditional end of term drinks. These spark letting down of the hair, letting go, the odd binge, and loud laughter. I leave to meet 4sister Rob and Mark who have arrived for a South Island holiday. Inter island hols now a feature of Kiwi life. I show them round the build. Mark who is a plumber gives the thumbs up to Gary's work. Good to hear. Corinne delivers my phone and gets her first tour. End of term. We made it.

























No comments:

Post a Comment

Kupu, Word Festival, and Pōhatu, Stones

It's Polly's 30th birthday and the department gets on board. Photoshopped pics of Beyonce with Polly's face covering the walls. ...