Thursday 24 September 2020

Too Hot To Argue

I'm overheated by lunch time. Jo arrives in the school car park for a reverse drop off. She and Laurie have generously stored my stuff all this time in their garage up the coast. Jo prompted me to take it out in stages, now she's bringing it back. Amazing support; it's so much easier doing it this way. I'm surprised at the stuff I haven't seen for ages. Detached from it so getting rid of more should be easy. The skateboard I bought Kahu when he was five arrives in this lot. He never used it and he's got two others  now. I'm sure I can find a school kid who'll take it. Lance arrives to tidy up the paint above the tiles in the bathroom. Likes the tiles and the tiling job. Means it's been done properly cos he's fussy. 
Shutting up I have an argument with Kahu when I ask him to shut a door. The heat doesn't help and I refuse to take him home and tell him to cook his own dinner. Life has been too stressful to argue to get help. I need a break and head to the boys' premier football final. They're playing Cashmere HS and there's huge community support for PHS: parents, students past and present, teachers. I haven't been to  live football in ages and am in awe at the boys' speed and skill. They go down 2-1 but it's a fight to the end. The entrance to the stadium is road coned so I leave early to avoid getting stuck. Time to sort the laundry sink once and for all and I call in on Nicky. We get kitchen handles and knobs done as well. When I get home Kahu apologises.


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Kupu, Word Festival, and Pōhatu, Stones

It's Polly's 30th birthday and the department gets on board. Photoshopped pics of Beyonce with Polly's face covering the walls. ...