Saturday 16 May 2020

Day 51- Getting Unstuck

It's a day of final electrical sorting, or so I think. We look at the wiring for the kitchen island lights then measure where the island will end. So close to the door that anyone walking in would nearly walk into it. Back to Nicki. And we'll revise the wiring later. We centre the dining lighting and move it closer to the wall. Small details but they'll save time and money later. Lance paints on.
At school my battle is organising an enrollment interview for Kahu. Silence. In the end I have a melt down, smallish, but a time is arranged. Leaves me with an emotional overhang and a realisation of how stressful house building is. As well as all the other changes that have been happening lately.
Jack, one of Kahu's friends since 5, arrives to transport him to their third primary school friend, Jordan. These boys as so different but they are like brothers. They've grown up together, in my house too. They're my boys and I've loved seeing them go through boyhood, adolescence and now early adulthood. There's much more to unfold.
Kahu's the only one not driving and gets some stick for that. I spend some time calming myself and trying to get things in perspective. A bike ride helps. Sherry makes it over for dinner. Life is moving on. Covid cases- 0.


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Kupu, Word Festival, and Pōhatu, Stones

It's Polly's 30th birthday and the department gets on board. Photoshopped pics of Beyonce with Polly's face covering the walls. ...