Sunday 17 May 2020

Day 52- Tiles and Insulation




I meet Nicki at a tile shop. We spend a couple of hours browsing. I'm trying to firm up what I want, Nicki is still deciding. And she's got two houses. We go to College Ave to firm up kitchen island measurements, placing boxes and buckets to see dimensions. Kirk arrives to load up rubbish. The dumps are open again. Kirk, Nicki and I discuss the interior, what needs sorting out..kitchen, ducting, and, as it turns out, insulation. Both Kirk and Nicki point out flaws in the installation installation- gaps, bits hanging down. These can cause moisture problems further down the line as the house is so well sealed. When it's highlighted, the poor workmanship is obvious. And gibbing is early next week. Once again I have a last minute crisis. Or so it feels. Kirk suggests I tell Terra Lana the house has failed inspection. We need to get them here as soon as possible to remediate. It's a tiring prospect.
I go to Amana's birthday fire in the evening. Restricted to 10, but happening. On the way, I drop in on Sherry in sewing chaos and ruing Saturday night at home.
Covid cases, 0, third day in a row.


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Kupu, Word Festival, and Pōhatu, Stones

It's Polly's 30th birthday and the department gets on board. Photoshopped pics of Beyonce with Polly's face covering the walls. ...