Wednesday 6 May 2020

Day 41- Overwhelmed

It's a busy day on the building site which means my input has to be firm and final. So I ask Nicki to come over. She gets held up on her building site and I have to rush to a Zoom meet I forgot about. It's with the Year 11 English teachers. At the end I feel stressed: overwhelmed and isolated. I need help with digital platforms and time to sift through and make resources. Everyone else seems to have bright ideas and time to put them into practice. I'm juggling a second job: building my house.
I rush back to College Ave where Nicki and I make a decision about the beam. 390 mm, plus the gib. I take her pic next to the round window, her brainwave to put it in the wall beside the door to the living area. We look around the house which Nicki has had so much input into from the design phase. Grateful.
The boys are busy finishing off odds and ends. Jamie is still battling with the doors, Cam and Josh are tidying up the facings, corbels and the boards around the kitchen window. As always in the crafting process, the article can be nearly finished but last details take a surprisingly long time. I should know, I'm a knitter of Kaffe Fassett jerseys.
Josh tells me not to take a pic of him and Cam on the verandah roof without scaffolding.

























Another landmark day- no new cases or deaths from Covid. But we must wait and watch- it's not over till it's over. Our number of active cases is 164.
Jacinda, "Achieving zero cases two days in a row is the result of New Zealanders demonstrating a level of commitment and discipline to our goal of winning the fight against Covid-19."





No comments:

Post a Comment

Kupu, Word Festival, and Pōhatu, Stones

It's Polly's 30th birthday and the department gets on board. Photoshopped pics of Beyonce with Polly's face covering the walls. ...