Sunday 23 February 2020

Sunday in the Sun

I take the morning to organise. I've been so busy lately boxes are piling up in my room. So is my washing. I'd like to get rid of stuff so put some items on Marketplace. Sharyn is keen to see the build so I pick her up and take her over. She sits in the bay window of my room with the next door cat. I manage a little garden tidying...I've been ignoring the garden lately. This is ok in summer but when rain comes I will need to dig and move plants again. Sharyn spots numerous nails lying on the floor and goes into eco-warrior mode, picking them up so she can recycle the metal. There's a lot of rubbish generated by a build. Packaging especially. And the builders drop stuff when they're finished with it. A concession, they put their food packaging in the bin, mostly.
I'm happy to be back on my coastline where there are waves.... and an easterly. The water temperature is pleasant and very swimmable. Going home, I drop in on Nicki to see her panel design: kowhai pods and a pillar, like the ones she is putting at the front of her deck. Cool design feature. Go Nicki.










Sharyn recycling nails



North Beach



Nicki's screen design- kowhai pods and a classical column


No comments:

Post a Comment

Kupu, Word Festival, and Pōhatu, Stones

It's Polly's 30th birthday and the department gets on board. Photoshopped pics of Beyonce with Polly's face covering the walls. ...