Sunday 23 February 2020

Good to be back home again

PPTA business is finished by lunchtime and we're at the airport shortly after. Flying into Ōtautahi I'm surprised how dry it is.Burnt off and summery but in the age of unpredictable weather, slightly ominous. I'm happy to be home after two nights in a hotel. My first impulse is to head to the beach. Robyn and I brave some big waves at Taylor's. The water is lovely. It starts to rain as I drive to College Ave to see progress with the roof. It's two thirds on so the inside is mainly dry. Walking down the hall I notice the skylight which is going to have the leadlights is in the north wall at an angle. Not how I imagined it. Another thing to sort. The roof is on above it so I'm wondering how sortable it's going to be. Damn.
The rain sets in and a night of Romeo and Juliet outdoors with colleagues is off. I'm ok with that. Some time to unpack and slow down is what I need. The house is coming on and I can see some milestones requiring organisation up ahead.



Robyn's harakeke sculpture


Down the hall to my room


The back garden from my room


Looking through the bedrooms


Living room





Living room bay window






This is what happens when you put a cut onion in a plastic bag and leave it for several weeks in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kupu, Word Festival, and Pōhatu, Stones

It's Polly's 30th birthday and the department gets on board. Photoshopped pics of Beyonce with Polly's face covering the walls. ...