Friday 6 December 2019

Sick Day

I can't get out of bed. This happens almost never. I sleep till mid afternoon and wake up thinking I need to get up and perk up as I have to drive across town and feed Pierre. It's a slow process but I've also got to go swimming too. "Got to" because it's a physical challenge I set myself from December 1st till the end of Term 1.
I get a call from Kirk to say he and his team have marked out the walls of the rooms of the house on the concrete slab. Another incentive. It's late afternoon when I get in the car to go to the beach. I'm aware I need to decide on the colour of the roof and this will influence the exterior of the house. To avoid traffic I take back streets and check out older house colour schemes.
There's a brown stripe in the sea a few feet beyond where the water is breaking. It's silt carried by the Waimakariri as rain swells its banks up in the mountains. The nor westers we are enjoying mean there are storms and heavy rainfall in the Alps and on the West Coast. It cools the sea water close to the beach so today's swim is fresh but it helps push the bugs through my system. I feel like I've shaken a few off by the time I get to the outside shower by the surf club.
Back at 22 College Ave, I look west and see hazy evidence of the New South Wales' bush fires.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Kupu, Word Festival, and Pōhatu, Stones

It's Polly's 30th birthday and the department gets on board. Photoshopped pics of Beyonce with Polly's face covering the walls. ...