Thursday 5 December 2019

Electricity At Last

It's bin day Thursday and I've got time before work so I stop to tidy the garden into the green bin. There's paving activity across the road and I make a dredlock connection when I ask for a photo. One thing leads to another and with my union hat on I ask about pay. He tells me he grows food for his family but prices go up faster than wages. Another low paid job we couldn't do without. When I get to school I chat to Eddie fixing a door in the English block as I'm putting away my bike. He's from Ireland and remarks on how high our living costs are, and lower wages. I'm wondering about the relatively high costs of building. Just how does our economy work?
I return to feed the cat mid afternoon and find contractors connecting the electricity. At last. This application started the Tuesday after Labour Weekend- five and a half weeks ago. I thought computers were supposed to make things more efficient. One part of the process is lines management- Orion, another is traffic management- the Council. These guys are happily going about their work and happy to have me record this house moment. I leave them to it and head to the beach.



Round the corner






No comments:

Post a Comment

Kupu, Word Festival, and Pōhatu, Stones

It's Polly's 30th birthday and the department gets on board. Photoshopped pics of Beyonce with Polly's face covering the walls. ...