Wednesday 4 December 2019

Gearing Up for the Framing

I get an early call from Kirk regarding trusses. I have to drive to Kelly's office to pass on the message as I've deleted his number. Good to see the staff again. On the way back to work I drop in at my place and chat to two girls sealing the driveway asphalt across the road. I ask for a picture and they confess they've sneaked in through the fence to use my portaloo. As my father says, "Locks are for honest burglars." They ask about the flower next to the loo, blooming among the plastic and the gravel. It's a poppy, a good seeder, hardy and has survived both the demolition and trench digging. I take them on a tour of the garden .
On the way home I do another mission to find roofing samples. I end up on Stevens St, home to Lancaster Park. One of the last of Christchurch large public buildings to be demolished. Seeing the piles of rubble over the fence takes me back to 2011 when there were piles of rubbish everywhere. As I'm in the area, I call back to the decking yard to ask more questions. Andrea knows his decking range and obligingly poses with a sample of Purple Heart.
There's a couple more calls from Kirk regarding interior door size. I'm using salvaged doors and we need to get measurements accurate for framing. The leadlight windows have also needed to be checked and rechecked.
It's been a long, hot day and I head to Taylor's Mistake for a swim.














No comments:

Post a Comment

Kupu, Word Festival, and Pōhatu, Stones

It's Polly's 30th birthday and the department gets on board. Photoshopped pics of Beyonce with Polly's face covering the walls. ...