Wednesday 27 November 2019

The New and the Reviving

I drop in before school and take Winnie to have a look. It's 7:30 and the drainage team are surfacing. One is on site to start work. Their job today is to tidy up and wash the slab clean. After school I drop in to feed the cat and do some watering. The water table is high and there is water about one metre down. The well established plants are generally OK during summer, but I want to make sure the ones I have moved and the new ones stay alive. It's too late, though, for the passion fruit. It didn't survive the frosts, even though I covered it religiously. I've tried once before and will try again, but the winters are too cold. As yet.



Newly planted Japanese Maple

Perished Passionfruit

Wisteria from the pergola that was- a survivor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kupu, Word Festival, and Pōhatu, Stones

It's Polly's 30th birthday and the department gets on board. Photoshopped pics of Beyonce with Polly's face covering the walls. ...