Tuesday 26 November 2019

Old and Crusty

I bike to the house at 10 and find Rene sorting out the electric cable with the drainage diggers. Then Glen arrives and we mull over the electrical connection. It is going to take six weeks and I am lucky it will be done before Christmas. So far it has taken Orion three weeks to do the paperwork. Sometimes life is a mystery.
The drainage team is working well and seems to be happily occupied digging. There's lengths of pipes going in all directions. Another mystery. These men are expert at what they do, just like I know my job, so I thank them and ask to take some pictures. No problem. I leave them to the CCC inspector and am somewhat bemused by the slogan on the council car: "Get the go ahead...."   A third mystery.
After school I bike back to find the neighbour, Grant, on the street having a chat. Perfect opportunity to ask him to throw his grass clippings over the fence and boost my compost. I haven't got much lawn to mow and the compost pile will go to rack and ruin. Grant's more than happy to help out. Right now. Not only that but he brings over his lawn mower to tidy up my back section. Good neighbours.....priceless. The drain layers have left the section tidy; the pipes are laid and the trenches filled. I head home to cook dinner for my flatmates and a couple of friends. Good friends....one of life's treasures.
Old clay pipes











No comments:

Post a Comment

Kupu, Word Festival, and Pōhatu, Stones

It's Polly's 30th birthday and the department gets on board. Photoshopped pics of Beyonce with Polly's face covering the walls. ...