Monday 25 November 2019

More Digging

I get to the slab after school and meet two year old Amelia. There's been unexpected activity- a flurry of digging- and Amelia, who loves diggers, is entranced. Ditches with pipes now go around the house. I organise for an electric cable to be put in the ditch along the south side and find the drainage contractors are expecting to do it so I text cell numbers to relevant people. House building needs co-ordination and Chinese whispers could really muck things up. There's a new pile of wood and pipe off cuts but the pile of polystyrene off cuts is gone. Now you see them, now you don't. A game of piles.
I go to pick up the corbels, all 70 of them, and decide their shape needs revision. This will require tact and I need some advice. After a union meeting I head to Nicki's for a cup of tea. We look at one of the corbels and exchange house building news. Nicki's picked up a sample of Tasmanian Blackwood grown in Southland. It's lustrous with hues of mid and darker brown. I like it immediately. Some decisions are easier than others.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Kupu, Word Festival, and Pōhatu, Stones

It's Polly's 30th birthday and the department gets on board. Photoshopped pics of Beyonce with Polly's face covering the walls. ...