Thursday 28 November 2019

Hot, hot and hotter

The forecast for today is the late 20's but the mercury soars well beyond that. By mid morning it's too hot. The Kimi Ora unit are doing a car wash fund raiser and cool down by splashing each other. My car goes in dirty and comes out sparkling. The inside is a tip- I've moved so much of my stuff and a lot of plants from the garden with it that the inside is a disgrace. Vacuuming is on the 'get around to it' list but not today.
We have staff PD at Ara, a tertiary option for our students, and I drag myself around feeling knocked out by the heat. Back at 22 College Ave, it's quiet but across the road it's all go There's a team paving the driveway under the sweltering afternoon sun. Shelley and Dan are nearly finished their rebuild and getting ready to move in. The pavers are having a rest admiring their asphalt and the youngest is sitting in a wheelbarrow directing operations and bemusedly agrees to a photo in situ. His mates tell me he owns the business. I believe them, sort of, but after a laugh they come clean.
I pick up the finished corbels on the way home. They're curvy in the right places. It's still stifling so I throw my new boogie board in the car for my first swim of the summer, accompanied by my mate Robyn. She's moving too and exhausted after a day hauling her stuff around. The sea at Tayor's Mistake is fresh and, as always on the first swim, it takes my breath away.  It takes half an hour to restore my oxygen levels. It's been a big day. Robyn and I settle down for a glass of red.




72 Corbels Led The Big Parade




No comments:

Post a Comment

Kupu, Word Festival, and Pōhatu, Stones

It's Polly's 30th birthday and the department gets on board. Photoshopped pics of Beyonce with Polly's face covering the walls. ...