Tuesday 24 August 2021

Open Ended

 Friday lunchtime we part time teachers meet again. I want to revise our experience as I'm going to speak about it at the union Issues and Organising Conference. It feels like water under the bridge but when we start talking we realise we're not done yet. There is wrong to be righted. We're still not paid equally because of the 'endeavour' clause in the STCA. It gives our full time colleagues, I'm one now, five hours paid non-contact time, and us none. Unless management decides otherwise. In 2015 we asked for paid time and, after a year, got a minimal amount. Talking about it, we realise we're not done yet.  And everyone looks the other way.

I have dinner with Robyn then we drive into town to boogie to Eat My Shorts at 12 Bar. I taxi Robyn home then go in circles to find a party with Sharyn. Good to party with a different crowd'ish. Everyone is 60 and still getting wasted. That's why we work. Or it's a consequence of work.

On Saturday I make a rare trip to town. Murals still going up... Christchurch is street art city. I buy seedlings as spring is making me want to plant. The time of the year when the sap is rising. Old friends, Karen, Judith and I go to 

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Kupu, Word Festival, and Pōhatu, Stones

It's Polly's 30th birthday and the department gets on board. Photoshopped pics of Beyonce with Polly's face covering the walls. ...