Sunday 29 November 2020

Friday on the Run

It's a race to catch up with myself all day. And I never quite get there. Cake for Pete, and I catch up with his wife, Olga, doing the gardening. Morning tea for the department. Joan drops off my Nutrimetics order; she's seen the house in stages and brings me tea towels and coffee mugs. We talk about her heavily medicated husband in care with dementia. Gary on point with the last plumbing jobs. A relief period. Back to site and Kirk's new worker is the nephew of one of my colleagues. Super excitable. Kirk says he talks too much. But takes his boots off to go inside. I see Kirk's hand written "Boots off" instruction to the boys. Cam is doing the odd jobs he is so good at: making a step down from the laundry to the garage, putting in the facing for the round window...I feed Kahu then he's off on his bike for another late shift collecting glasses at Original Sin on The Strip in town. Finally, I check in with Sharyn who has still got my gardening stuff in her garage. I'm after fence stain to right Grant's fence top wrongs. And find stores of feijoa gin and Noccino I'd forgotten about. Enough to keep me toasting the house for summer. I leave when Sharyn's checking her phone for the second time. I'm picturing my feet up in front of the tele with a feijoa gin and tonic. The finish line for this week.






















































No comments:

Post a Comment

Kupu, Word Festival, and Pōhatu, Stones

It's Polly's 30th birthday and the department gets on board. Photoshopped pics of Beyonce with Polly's face covering the walls. ...