Wednesday 27 May 2020

Day 61- Gibbed

Red letter day, gibbing done. The house sort of looks more like a house. Comments that keep coming up are, it's big. I'm beginning to think this too but I wonder if the high ceiling I fought so hard for is what creates this impression. I'm also beginning to wonder if I've bitten off more than I can chew. Too late now. It definitely didn't look that big when it was a concrete slab. It's grown.
I stop off on the way to school and call Kirk. Question, how straight is the round window. He assures me it's as straight as he can make it. The horizontal lines can't be level if the vertical one is. So the window has to be somewhere in between. Ka pai. My mind is at ease.
The gibbing means the rooms have taken shape. Even some colour. Meanwhile, at school, my two Year 10 classes are reading The Diary of Anne Frank. Once we're past the newness of reading out loud, they love it. It's the participation where they get to be the characters, and the story. Particularly relevant now. I wonder how the Franks and van Daans managed to live in such close proximity, deprived of food and fresh air, so long without killing each other. Eventually the Nazis did it for them.
I drop documents at the bank. It closes early so I can't go in. Lance is in position under the verandah having an animated paint/car chat with Grant over the fence. Since Covid Grant has accelerated his DIY. Lance gives him filling and painting tips. A late call to Nicki and I've chosen bathroom floor tiles. Same as the ensuite. And have the courage to figure out appliances. Progress is sure and steady. Covid cases today, 0. Cases remaining in the South Island, 3.
































Kitchen- go Nicky!


Kahu and the Goodlands' cat










No comments:

Post a Comment

Kupu, Word Festival, and Pōhatu, Stones

It's Polly's 30th birthday and the department gets on board. Photoshopped pics of Beyonce with Polly's face covering the walls. ...