Tuesday 26 May 2020

Day 60- A Big Day

Today I tackle the extra last last minute pre gibbing items. Acoustic installation in the kitchen, and I've decided, the living room. I don't like asking for more but it's now or never. And there's the curtain fixings. I've sent an e-mail and call in to tell the gibbers not to gib too quickly in the "wrong" places. I wait and wait. Maybe they're dropping their kids at school. I have to rush to get to second period which, on a grey drizzly Monday, is quiet as quiet.
Kirk calls cos he's confused about where to put the curtain fixings. I'm confused too so call Nicky. She puts us straight, so to speak. Kirk's in and out in an hour and a half. Easy. Worth asking. And the round window is well and truly installed. But is it straight? I leave with a niggle.
After school I head to the doctor. Well, I would if I could get in the door. The current procedure is phone then wait in the car park. They're half an hour late and I'm outside and grumpy by the time it's my turn. A sore mouth- the doctor asks me if I'm stressed. No, I lie.
On the way home I stop at Designastyle but call next door first. The men standing around watch me struggle in with the marble basin and then are so disinterested I head straight out. Very uninspiring. I find Frankie at Designa and we locate the right tile within two minutes. I'm so sick of looking at tiles, I'm relieved. This one is a mistake order so a good price and natural looking. Reminds me of Central Otago schist.
We reach home and I'm exhausted. After dinner I drive to my homeopathic friend, Lis, in Lyttleton. Are you stressed she asks. This time I tell the truth. House building is not for sissys. I nearly fall asleep while she's preparing the pillules. Life in the fast lane.
Covid in NZ- 0 cases. World wide 5.5 million cases, 350,000 deaths. US 1.7 million cases, 98,000 deaths.




































No comments:

Post a Comment

Kupu, Word Festival, and Pōhatu, Stones

It's Polly's 30th birthday and the department gets on board. Photoshopped pics of Beyonce with Polly's face covering the walls. ...