Tuesday 25 February 2020

Cooling down, not slowing down

I'm writing this on Saturday. The week has been so hectic I haven't had time to draw breath and am concentrating on putting one foot in front of the other to meet deadlines. 
Lights and doors come together. NK Windows start dropping off the glass and frames for installation. I call in to Lighthouse to check on last details for the lighting plan. Turns out Nicki and Finlay are neighbours...two degrees of separation in the South Island. Nicki was trying to track down the home of a stray black rabbit which turned up on her building site when she knocked on Finlay's door. Alan, the boss at Lighthouse says he's ok with helping me onsell the large chandelier. It's just too big for the living room. Takes me a while to drive through traffic to get to Cashmere. Makes me appreciate living and working in the same community and riding my bike as a main means of transport.
When I arrive at Taylor's Mistake there's a flock of paragliders in the sky. A young man wants to use my phone to call his girlfriend to pick him up. Says there are a lot of internationals up there. I'm the only one at the beach. It's overcast and cool and the surf is marginal. I appreciate the space.














Bollicine, Venetian glass, intended for the dining room


Progress at Scoff's








No comments:

Post a Comment

Kupu, Word Festival, and Pōhatu, Stones

It's Polly's 30th birthday and the department gets on board. Photoshopped pics of Beyonce with Polly's face covering the walls. ...