Tuesday 31 May 2022

A New Dressing Table Then South To Central

When I pick up the dressing table I talk to the owner who turns out to be special in a nutty kind of way. She says it was made by her grandfather years ago, and has interesting stories of building and selling houses. Homes...how we are all linked. The dressing table is native wood and a beautiful piece, thank God I've got Bertie to help get it into Tina's room in one piece. The school trailer comes in handy once more. 

Easter, blue skies and sunshine. Jorge helps me make my annual batch of apple and feijoa chutney. Just as well as my finger hurts like the devil. I meet Maxine flying home from Oz on Sunday with a very sad story of her daughter in Melbourne. I've never seen Max so low or so devastated. 

I drive south on Tuesday, ready for a change of scene. Wondering how I'll settle my swimming ocd so far from the ocean. But it's so nice to be in Central. I stay with Sousa in Wanaka, visit the olive oil cousins, Stephen and Olivia, and end up at Lynette's with her jigsaws in Alex. We're in a jigsaw rut but I like it. Denis has just finished another painting. It's soft and gentle and I wonder how he makes it happen with the constant pain he's in. The doctor has given him new meds but they make him throw up. He's hopeful and brightens when I walk down to visit. He's buying whisky now and I drink it rather than tipping it out the window.  

 

































Covid, 19th April

  • 8,270 new community cases
  • 38 new cases identified at the border
  • 572 cases in hospital
  • 1,519 total PCR tests in the last 24 hours
  • 9,594 total RATs in the last 24 hours
  • 234 booster doses administered yesterday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kupu, Word Festival, and Pōhatu, Stones

It's Polly's 30th birthday and the department gets on board. Photoshopped pics of Beyonce with Polly's face covering the walls. ...