Wednesday 28 October 2020

Labour Day Monday

Labour Day, a holiday for workers to put their feet up with a beer. I've been an absentee member of a committee to organise a picnic. So I feel obliged to show up. It turns out well as Kahu and I get some landscaping done then head down to eat our lunch. It's been moved inside so there's a kitchen with a microwave, and a nice young man in the kitchen keen for a chat. We eat and keep working. Calmer today. I'm on odd jobs and Kahu is moving the dirt pile round the back. When there's one of you with one shovel and one wheelbarrow it's a big job. I have to give it to him, he doesn't complain. We tidy up as drizzle starts. Any rain is welcome as well overdue. The ground is like concrete. I'm lucky as the water table under my place is high and once plants get their roots down they survive. Drought, a sign of things to come. I make a few calls and prepare for a sick day on site. My first all year. 





































No comments:

Post a Comment

Kupu, Word Festival, and Pōhatu, Stones

It's Polly's 30th birthday and the department gets on board. Photoshopped pics of Beyonce with Polly's face covering the walls. ...