Monday 28 September 2020

Just Another Manic Monday

I race across town, stopping to empty the dehumidifier which, at 3/4 full, has more water than I expected but the air feels warmer. I open the doors to circulate air round the Tasmanian Blackwood and just make it for the start of Exec's Zoom call. The plenary sessions make final adjustments to papers and I put my video on mute. With a sixth sense I tune in consistently to voting calls and manage to organise house paper work while Exec discussions go on and on. The wind picks up and I wait restlessly for the meeting to close so I can get back and close the house up. The garden draws me in. It's a big, confusing task and today I focus on the south fence line. I want to grow a green screen to create a natural barrier between me and the difficult Seniors. To block the negative vibes. I find natives I plonked in the back garden to keep safey, a year ago. They're easy to replonk, I'm  not worried how they look, there's a fence line to fill up. Green leaves brighten the barren dirt, and promise privacy for the bathrooms and bedrooms. Growth to sufficiently screen these windows will take a time.  Greg collects the newly restored, wired outside lamps to fit glass. Help from mates, invaluable. Mid afternoon I go to the Elms, just down the road, to meet PPTA comrades. We're to have a separate South Island conference while the North Islanders have theirs at the Brentwood in Wellington. I duck in and out so I can get to Radcliffes, drop off boxes Jo has delivered, then come back for dinner at the Elms. It's been a long, busy day and I haven't stopped for lunch. I'm starving, and so tired. End of term, plus, plus, plus.






















No comments:

Post a Comment

Kupu, Word Festival, and Pōhatu, Stones

It's Polly's 30th birthday and the department gets on board. Photoshopped pics of Beyonce with Polly's face covering the walls. ...