Monday 22 June 2020

Mid Winter Monday

It feels like mid winter...with climate change, I figure that's a good thing. But the grey sky makes for a dull day and the kids are sleepy. I won't complain about that. After school I drop in on Pete at Ambrose Heal. He's still hemmed in by roadworks but it looks like it's easing off a bit. God knows what they're doing but the whole corner and half a block down the road are dug up. On the way to Cashmere I call in on Scoff at Radcliffe Electrical. He prices switches from Tradco, mates rates takes about $10 off each switch. Worthwhile over the house. And I look at plug sockets. There's a disturbing array but the ones with USB ports appeal. Solves the phone charger issue, one which I've been fighting lately. And we're almost dependent on our cell phones now. One more stop at Harvey Norman. I look at the LG washing machine I had decided on but the front door big and black. I decide I can't do that to my lead light laundry door, and the wooden joinery. A big black port hole would dominate. I'm on the road to have the most attractive laundry in town. I'm not letting an ugly machine spoil the view.





























No comments:

Post a Comment

Kupu, Word Festival, and Pōhatu, Stones

It's Polly's 30th birthday and the department gets on board. Photoshopped pics of Beyonce with Polly's face covering the walls. ...