Friday 26 June 2020

Flying Again

It's a hectic morning at school. My Year 11's are still reeling at the loss of their classmate. I gently press on with their next assessment. It's hard for all of us. During one of my junior classes, the predictable but somewhat undermining walk out behaviour continues from two students. Unbelievable. But in the car on the way to the airport I've got my back to all that. Ruth and Kate meet us on the way to take us to the airport. We're travelling together. The airport is busy as usual. The lockdown seems a thing of the past. I go to the Koru lounge by myself. Too much effort to go through security for the others. On the plane Kahu and I are randomly seated together. Out the window is snow, ice and cloud. It's winter wonderland below. 
Owen is at the airport with a stick. In his 90's now, he's rolled his ankle and it's not healing. Kahu and I meet Tash and Kelsey in a hired car. We arrive at Alexandra as the sun is going down.








































No comments:

Post a Comment

Kupu, Word Festival, and Pōhatu, Stones

It's Polly's 30th birthday and the department gets on board. Photoshopped pics of Beyonce with Polly's face covering the walls. ...