Sunday 24 May 2020

Day 58- Celebratory Drinks

I don't sleep in but don't have to get up so I read in bed. My house job today, looking for floor tiles. The never ending job. There are so many sizes, finishes, colours and tones. I drop into a couple of shops and take a large, 600 x 600, sample with me. I also revisit the William Morris wallpaper, Brook, I like and check the price. $339.00 per square metre. Scary. It's super special with deer in a forest by a brook. Inspired by medieval tapestries. My second choice, Pomegranate, is normal William Morris prices, and in my range as a discretionary buy, ie something I allow myself as a budgeted treat. But not right now with money walking out the door.
I pack up nibbles and bubbles and head to the house with Kahu. He's got his bike and after he's helped unload, he's off. I'm celebrating the lead light windows, postponed from the Friday of lock down. And there's the house as far as it's come, to celebrate and get a sense of. Amana arrives first then Sharyn with her walker. Ellen who had a managed earthquake rebuild and is super excited for me, having lived it herself. Fi who had a cuppa with me on the eve of  lock down. Hasy, who's built his own house and adding to it. Ros, his girlfriend. Bernie, who put me in touch with Sheryl, wonder woman of plumbing supplies. Sherry and Tricia. Kritara who helped plan and put me off installing a sink in the kitchen island. Greg, who was planning to build an extension but was defeated by council regulations on hilly ground. And, last but not least, Nicky, kitchen and all round designer extraordinaire.






























No comments:

Post a Comment

Kupu, Word Festival, and Pōhatu, Stones

It's Polly's 30th birthday and the department gets on board. Photoshopped pics of Beyonce with Polly's face covering the walls. ...