Sunday 10 May 2020

Day 46- Pumpkin Soup

I make a big pot of pumpkin soup, autumn food, before going to the house. At the gate I meet an old Waimairi primary School mum, one of Kahu's  classmate's. She loves looking at houses and it's variety for both of us in a long run of ground hog lock down days. And a link to the past. We've gone through so much together...raising kids as solo mums, earthquakes, rugby games on the sideline, the mosque shooting, and now the pandemic. 
When she leaves I'm not in the mood to do much and sift around. I'm taking pics of the plumbing and wiring when Greg arrives. His advice, the photos. future proofing to locate internals if and when I need to. He sidles out the gate and I continue sifting. I haven't accomplished much else when Cecile and Grant, the neighbour, arrive. It's Level 3 but we're all thinking Level 2. The official government announcement is tomorrow but it's been foreshadowed enough that everyone has gone there in their heads. Cecile takes away scrap metal for recylcing, when that reopens, while Grant checks out whether the spare window will fit in his bathroom and grabs a piece of sheet metal to patch his roof. He's an Air New Zealand pilot enjoying the chance to catch up on home projects. 
On the way home I drop dahlia corms off at Sharyn's, waving at her through the window. She's comfortable on the phone and I'm ready to get home.
Two more cases of Covid.































No comments:

Post a Comment

Kupu, Word Festival, and Pōhatu, Stones

It's Polly's 30th birthday and the department gets on board. Photoshopped pics of Beyonce with Polly's face covering the walls. ...