Saturday 9 May 2020

Day 44- All Day Zoom Meet

I pull the curtains to a full moon in the western morning sky. When I reach the site Kirk and Cam are emptying the garage of odds and ends in preparation for gibbing. Pete arrives with the two doors he's doctored to fit larger openings. I ask Kirk about Lance's paint job so far..."F'ing excellent!"
Lance arrives, I leave. I just make it to the B block in time for the start of the PPTA Exec Zoom. It's replacing a two and a half day meeting at the Brentwood in Wellington. All that collegiality and sharing through a screen. And a fraction of the time.
It's a long day with a half hour break. By the end, we're all a bit brain dead, bodies and eyes tired and stretched to capacity. I still have work to do when we sign off. It's with relief I get to College Ave to connect with Lance and Cam, finishing for the week. Cam's packing up when he remembers he hasn't framed the drop down from the ceiling to the cupboards in the laundry. He unpacks and when I leave he's still going. Lance shares his purchase of his car for his daughter, I share some pics of Kahu. Working relationships.
Covid update- 2 cases, lab tests 7,812- a record high, Ashley Bloomfield, Director General of Health assures the country that the testing system is ready for a move down alert levels. Grant Robertson, Finance Minister stresses that unlike most years, next week's budget will not contain the government's full spending plans for the year ahead but "will be just one moment on our road to recovery."





























No comments:

Post a Comment

Kupu, Word Festival, and Pōhatu, Stones

It's Polly's 30th birthday and the department gets on board. Photoshopped pics of Beyonce with Polly's face covering the walls. ...