Saturday 23 November 2019

Friday

The concrete is drying out. I pick a large bunch of flowers in the morning and feed the cat in the afternoon. Dinner is at the house Llew Summers designed and built. He died recently but his spirit lives on in his sculptures, which are scattered round the garden. When I was designing my house I asked Llew for advice. He patiently explained how details make a difference, and pointed out examples of features to add. He also suggested I sell my house, add it to the insurance payout, and buy instead of build. He wasn't the only one to tell me this and I thought about it often enough. But the project is a once in a life time opportunity and I couldn't walk away.
Although building is hard work, moving would be harder. 22 College Ave is the first house I have owned after a very peripatetic back packing life. I like living here.
Llew has been one of many to give me advice. It's all been useful as it has enabled me to think things through So thanks for your help Llew, it will make a difference. And thanks for the precious gift of your art.












1 comment:

Kupu, Word Festival, and Pōhatu, Stones

It's Polly's 30th birthday and the department gets on board. Photoshopped pics of Beyonce with Polly's face covering the walls. ...