Monday 28 October 2019

Friday D Day

Third demo day and I arrive at 7am to huge machinery- and a big bit of metal that looks like the jaws of death. I'd arranged for Pete from Ambrose Heal Furniture to help me get wood out of the house Wed, Thurs but he can't come this morning so I negotiate a lunchtime start. The demo boys' accommodation of my slightly emotional plea is much appreciated. Luckily they have another job to finish. I'm not sure when Pete can come so I'm a bit on edge. I find a coffee and head to Oderings to buy plants- I'll have an empty fence line in a few hours and I need to fill in time. This is my day off to be at the event.
Lunchtime and I get the text the boys won't be here till Tuesday. I busy myself in the garden and wait for the plumber. When he arrives we go over the plans so he knows where to put the plumbing outlets. Pete arrives and we grab loose bits of wood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kupu, Word Festival, and Pōhatu, Stones

It's Polly's 30th birthday and the department gets on board. Photoshopped pics of Beyonce with Polly's face covering the walls. ...